Saturdays and Sundays in July and August through Labor Day. Kids' game for ages 5-12 begins at 8:30 a.m. Teen game for ages 13 through 17 begins at 9:30 a.m. Old Goats vs. Young Men begins at 10:30 a.m. (Sunday only). No barefeet, sandles or flip flops please!
Central Beach tennis courts are open to residents and their guests. Sign-up sheets are at the tennis court bulletin board and are put up on Sunday evening at 8:00 p.m. for play on Monday through Friday of the following week. The sign-up sheet is posted on Friday night at 8:00 p.m. for Saturday play and posted at 8:00 p.m. on Saturday night for Sunday play.
Central Beach Boat Launch is for the use of residents and their guests. To park at the boat launch area on Sunset Drive, residents must display their Central Beach Boat Launch parking pass. Residents may leave canoes or kayaks that have current boat stickers on the racks provided at the launch. Stickers can be obtained by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Adjacent to the ball field is a playground that offers the latest in kid-friendly equipment and is open 8:00 a.m. to dusk.
Special Note Spring and Summer 2020 re: COVID-19:
In accordance with the Rhode Island COVID-19 Guidelines, QCBFD has closedthe play ground next to the ball field. . If someplaygrounds in the State choose to re open the QCBFD playground will remainclosed due to an inability to adequately sanitize equipment/ surfaces betweenuses.
Please be reminded of the following when walking and using communityareas:
* If you're not feeling well, stay home! Signs and symptoms of coronavirusinclude fever, cough and shortness of breath.
* Practice social distancing by keeping at least six feet between yourself andothers, even when outdoors.
* For the safety of all residents and visitors, please have a face covering withyou and wear it when in high use public areas.
* Avoid close contact with others outside your household, such as shakinghands, hugging, or high-fives.
* Bring and use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcoholwhen soap and water are not available.
* Avoid unnecessary contact with surfaces that are often touched, such ashandrails, door knobs, drinking fountains, etc.
Located behind the tennis courts, the basketball courts are open 8:00 a.m. to dusk.
Non Fire District sponsored recreation used by many residents
Quonochontaug Tennis Club: This private club, open to Central Beach and QEBA residents, offers organized scrambles, ladies and kids inter-club play, mixed doubles social tennis and more. For additional information, visit the Quonnie Tennis Club web site at: http://quonochontaugtennisclub.com.
Weekapaug Yacht Club: Located on Quonochontaug Pond, WYC is open to families who reside in communities that border the pond. The Club offers sailing instruction, Kiddie camp, and other social events.http://weekapaugyachtclub.com.